The primary responsibility of an Automotive Content Writer is to write engaging automotive content that engages and excites audiences, while adhering to the according to overall content pillars to drive valuable content that supports Carsome's brand value offering and thought leadership across Carsome’s active markets within the region.
- Plan and write automotive article content according to the current and foreseeable audience interests, primarily in English.
- Optimize content for SEO to drive organic traffic to blog, as well as amplify content on other platforms in varying content formats
- Produce well-researched content for publication online in the blog or for media syndication, as well as propose monthly automotive-related topics to establish Carsome as a thought leader and knowledgeable source of information on cars.
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization's mission to inspire ideas and content.
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the team to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Provide content support in brainstorming, planning and curating copies or content ideas for marketing campaigns to best reach local audiences.
- Explore new types of content to improve engagement with the audience i.e. quiz, poll, interactive content, infographics, etc.
- Ensure grammatical and factual accuracy with strict attention-to-detail while guarding brand standards.
- A minimum of 3 years’ of content marketing or content writing experience
- Must have good knowledge of the automotive industry and excellent understanding of cars in general
- Prior experience in automotive-related media is desirable
- Knowledge in other languages, especially Chinese dialects is an added advantage
- Basic digital media knowledge on publishing platforms, social media, SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent command of English and preferably experience of writing for digital media
- Strong work ethic, with an excellent track record of delivering content in a coherent editorial policy framework
- A problem solver who is dynamic, motivated and process oriented with the determination to succeed
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as being a team player