The Head of Public Relations will be responsible for earned media plans and communication activities that engage key audiences both internally and externally with the goal of protecting and strengthening Carsome’s reputation. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and partnering with the group corporate communications team, the Manager will support and drive the effectiveness of media strategies by supporting activations, campaigns, content, and events.
- Identify PR and communications objectives and develop corresponding strategies, plans, and targets in all markets to amplify Carsome’s work, drive industry thought leadership, and own the Carsome narrative in all markets.
- Work closely with local PR teams to identify and build relationships with new and existing editors, reporters, influencers, bloggers, and subject matter experts to achieve communications objectives.
- In alignment with group corporate communication strategies, plans and executes public relations programs to promote Carsome, its services, and its people, through regional, trade, and local media.
- Collaborate with the wider regional and local Brand and Marketing teams by reviewing and advising on public relations programs and opportunities for media outreach and commentaries.
- Work closely with local PR teams to respond to media inquiries with approved statements and responses.
- Prepare spokespeople for interviews, drafting briefing documents and messaging and Q&A.
- Support the group corporate communications team with reputation management by implementing a process to anticipate, identify and mitigate risks to Carsome’s reputation in the region, and help to develop effective issues management and crisis communications plans.
- Advice Regional senior management about reputational risks.
- Lead, develop, motivate, manage and work with a high performing team, including agencies and vendors, to meet strategic goals and business objectives while staying within budget.
- Develop plans for always-on media outreach or engagement
- Monitor news and prepare monthly PR reports for the leadership team.
- At least 10 years experience in PR, communication, media relations, and stakeholder management.
- Degree in Journalism / Public Relations / Mass Communications or similar qualification from recognized universities/institutions.
- Strong communications skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narratives in written and spoken forms.
- Experience in the development of creative communications plans, thought leadership, and associated measurement strategies.
- Good relationship with media personnel e.g. journalists, etc.
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to manage, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership.
- Articulate and skilled in the use of language, with a solid grounding in the English language.
- Proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin is an added advantage.
- Good and proven crisis communication skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to lead high-performing teams in a professional manner.