The FP&A director acts as the "eyes and ears" of the organization and is a central liaison between the corporate and operations teams. As such, the director interfaces with the CEO as well as the CFO. The task of forecasting a company's financials requires both an understanding of the company's historical performance as well as an understanding of the key assumptions and trends that may impact future performance. This requires a broad understand of both accounting and business operations. As a result, FP&A teams are in frequent contact with all areas of the enterprise including operations, sales, marketing, treasury and accounting.
FP&A's job is to develop the operating and financial plan required to achieve management's strategic plan.
- 10+ years of direct experience
- 5+ years in leadership position
- Develop and lead budgets, forecasts and long range planning processes
- Prepare budget to actual analysis and financial review
- Manage managers with monthly, quarterly analytics to support decision making and strategy formulation
- Drive forecast accuracy through collaboration with cost centers owners, business decision makers and accounting team.
- Consolidate management financial statements
- Superb analytics
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop KPIs to measure monthly results
- Support all business leaders in ROI and sensitivity analysis relating to business opportunities
- Provide sound analysis of sales, margin and expense
- Deliver high-quality financial planning, analysis, and business decision support to commercial leaders of multiple business units
- Create strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization and core business metrics to drive better decisions and results
- Lead preparation of monthly and quarterly financial management packages and quarterly business reviews in support of business partners
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
- Help establish and maintain systems and controls and data
- Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills
- Time management skills, flexibility and responsiveness
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and with senior business leaders
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP and/or BPC and Tableau experience preferred
- BS Finance or equivalent
- Five years of progressive finance experience including leading a team.
- M&A and valuation experience preferred
- MBA or CPA
- Eight years of progressive finance leadership including FP&A experience
- Skillful and effective written and verbal communications at the executive level