Assist in the finance functions to ensure day-to-day operations of overall accounting and financial activities are executed effectively and efficiently.
- To manage finance functions and ensure completeness of day-to-day operations for overall accounting and financial activities.
- Prepare monthly journals such as prepayments, accruals, MFRS 16 and payroll journals.
- Perform relevant accounts reconciliation to ensure all records are tallied. Maintain an up to-date aging report and reconciliation report for receivable balance.
- To lead and manage month end closing and issuance of accurate and timely monthly financial statement and related monthly close package.
- To ensure monthly financial reports are analyzed for top management review, highlights if there is any remedial action that is required.
- To provide support and advice to regional office on the development of local financial procedures.
- To review existing process with respective department for process improvement and improve efficiency.
- To oversee the year-end audit and all relevant tax submissions, ensuring that all financial returns are completed accurately and to the required timescale.
- To provide support and monitor the team as well as staff development.
- Perform all other duties/projects assigned as required.
You Know How
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting / finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of related working experience. Combination of audit and commercial experience will be an added advantage.
- Good command in English, both oral & written.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with advanced formulas in MS Excel
- Problem solving attitude.
- Must be a hands-on person.
- Short-notice or immediate starter will be an added advantage.
- Able to cope with a fast-paced working culture.
- Willing to work extra hours when required.