You will report to the Director, Ecosystems and Sustainability, and primarily be responsible for project management of M&A transactions to further the Group’s growth objectives, while providing relevant insights to help the Group address key business challenges, identify avenues for scale and optimize existing processes. Responsibilities also include developing and analyzing new business models, financial models, pricing strategies, identifying new growth initiatives, potential strategic projects and advising HODs while tracking and adapting business OKRs to meet company objectives. This role provides ample growth opportunities working alongside an engaged and creative team, with a Think Big and Go Deep culture that nurtures innovation and leadership development.
- Drive deep-dive industry and company research to extract actionable insights, perform business and financial analysis, including building and analyzing financial models to support investment decisions, acquisition of assets / businesses regionally, formation of joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
- Play active role in evaluating investment/divestment opportunities and executing transactions, including deal strategy, commercial viability, structuring, due diligence, project and portfolio management, review of documentation, completion and integration arrangements.
- Liaise actively with internal teams (senior management, business development, finance, legal, operations, product & tech), professional advisers and deal counterparties to progress deals to completion.
- Creating insightful presentations that facilitate decision-making for internal stakeholders and our external partners. Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reports and presentations.
- Participate in post-investment activities in cross-functional teams focused on Strategy and Operations.
Strategy and Operations:
- Execute and deliver on key analysis/recommendations on strategic projects, targeted and existing portfolio, including multiple types of market analysis, competitive analysis, internal financial analysis, financial modelling, and scenario planning as inputs for company strategy.
- Conduct full life-cycle of industry/market research, including pulling, manipulating, and exporting data from a variety of sources.
- Maintain and update strategic scorecard and other tools to assess and drive high-quality execution of our regional strategy.
- Act as a liaison between different teams/stakeholders both internal and external to drive efficiency and implement processes including driving synergies with existing subsidiary companies.
- Prepare, analyse, and summarize various monthly, and periodic results for use by various key stakeholders, creating reports, specifications, instructions, and flowcharts.
- Degree and professional qualifications in business management, finance, mathematics, legal and/or economics desired but not mandatory. Informal but demonstrable abilities are also considered.
- Advanced financial modelling skills with experience in building complete and complex models is necessary.
- Advanced analytical skills with experience collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating abundant information with accuracy.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills, with proven track record in managing cross-functional projects.
- Good understanding of M&A transaction process. Prior experience in managing a transaction process and leading a transaction team are desired, including driving due diligence, valuation, structuring, and negotiations.
- Understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow. Financial modelling (DCF) experience and good understanding of valuation methodologies desired. Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with an innovative approach to business planning & strategy.
- Advanced aptitude in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other BI tools.
- Awareness of key economic/regional markets issues as well as other business trends that could impact the business.
- In depth understanding of key business and financial drivers that determine the firm’s success.
- Experience in a professional services firm with strategy consulting experience preferred.